Colorado Care Tablet (CO Care Tablet) is a Personal Health Record (PHR) Tablet PC application that helps older adults during transitions of care coordinate their care among multiple providers and caregivers and learn about the medication they are consuming. Medication errors are prevalent among older adults who are in transition between the hospital, home, or assisted living community. Co Care Tablet empowers older adults to learn about what medications to take when and care providers to understand all medications an older adult consumes.
|Robert Wood Johnson Foundation|
|Collaborators:||University of Colorado Health Sciences Center|
- Stephen E. Ross, Kevin B. Johnson, Katie A. Siek, Jeffry S. Gordon, Danish U. Khan*, and Leah M. Haverhals. Two Complementary Personal Medication Management Applications on a Common Platform: Case Report. Journal of Medical Internet Research, 13(3):e45 (13 pages), 2011. Impact Factor: 4.7. Download: [HTML]
- Leah M. Haverhals, Courtney A. Lee, Katie A. Siek, Carol A. Darr, Sunny A. Linnebur, J. Mark Ruscin, and Stephen E. Ross. Older Adults with Multi-morbidity: Medication Management Processes and Design Implications for Personal Health Applications. Journal of Medical Internet Research, 13(2):e44 (11 pages), 2011. Impact Factor: 4.7 [HTML]
- Katie A. Siek, Danish U. Khan*, Stephen E. Ross, Leah Haverhals, Jane Meyers*, and Steven Cali. Designing a Personal Health Application for Older Adults to Manage Medications: A Comprehensive Case Study. Journal of Medical Systems, pp. 50 pages, 2011. Impact Factor: 0.654
Details BibTeX Download: [HTML]
- Katie A. Siek, Stephen E. Ross, Danish U. Khan, Leah M. Haverhals, Steven R. Cali, and Jane Meyers. Colorado Care Tablet: The Design of an Interoperable Personal Health Application to Help Older Adults with Multimorbidity Manage their Medications. Journal of Biomedical Informatics, pp. 5 pages, 2010 .
DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jbi.2010.05.007; Impact Factor: 2.432
Details BibTeX Download: [HTML]
- Danish U. Khan*, Katie A. Siek, Leah Haverhals, Steven Cali, Stephen E. Ross, and Jane Meyers*. Designing a Personal Health Application for Older Adults to Manage Medications. In First International ACM Conference on Health Informatics, pp. 10 pages, ACM, New York, NY, USA, 2010. Received the best regular paper award.
Details BibTeX Download: [pdf]
- K.A. Siek and K. Connelly. Achieving Success in Research Collaborations in Health Informatics. In The Informatics of Diabetes, W. Aspray and B. Hayes, Eds. 2010. [HTML]
- D.U. Khan, K.A. Siek, J. Meyers, L.M. Haverhals, S. Cali and S.E. Ross. Don’t They Do That? Interdisciplinary Iterative Design of a Personal Health Application for Older Adults. In Technical Reports published by Dept of Computer Science, University of Colorado at Boulder. April, 2010. (pdf)
- J. Meyers, K.A. Siek, L. Haverhals, and S.E. Ross. Colorado Care Tablet: Designing a Personal Health Record for Older Adults. In Colorado Celebration of Women in Computing. April 2008. (pdf)(Poster)
- K.A. Siek, J. Meyers, L. Haverhals, and S.E. Ross. Colorado Care Tablet: Developing a Personal Health Record for Older Adults. In Extended Abstracts for MobiSys 2008. June 2008. (pdf)(Poster)
- Official RWJF Project HealthDesign Site for the Colorado Care Tablet
- Poster from First Workshop (pdf)
- Storyboard Video (mov) (wmv)
- Poster from CCWIC (pdf)