week nine

Oh how blessed!

Week 9 is over and the poster presentations are coming up! This week we focused on brainstorming for our poster and figuring out what to properly put for each section. This has been the first time we have actually written something that’s not code.

On Tuesday, we had a rather interesting lab meeting because one of our post-doctorate students presented their thesis on their first person viewing camera project for computer visions. The students under the piano project also displayed their results so far and let me say, I was astonished. Bardia is one of the students working on the project and his results were amazing. I got really into this meeting because I was both bummed that I did not have a finished program to use but excited by their results because they made me look forward to what I can do in the future with computer science.

On Thursday, we met with Professor Crandall to discuss our ideas on what we plan on doing with our poster and ask him for suggestions as well. Although the Professor knew we weren’t able to come up with a solution, he reminded us that there’s not always a simple solution to everything and it takes a lot more time and knowledge to get there. Although I felt like computer visions was a huge step for me, I am happy to have spent these past nine weeks learning about a field of computer science I did not know existed and now possibly considering.

Thank you IU for a great summer,

G