Week 8

Song of the week- “SNAKE WAY” by Maitro

Day 1- I can’t believe this is almost over. I mean that in a bad way. I need like 15 weeks and I like my room way too much. I don’t want to go home because I’ll be bored for two and half weeks, besides the fair. I want to go somewhere afterwards. A lot of my family is going to New York but I won’t make it in time (they leave the day before I come home) I don’t have flying money so it looks like I’m stuck bored at home. Any-who, today was an early start, we helped the girl scouts solder and it was pretty fun. The first girl I helped made an evil dolphin, it had red eyes and an evil eyebrow. I wish I took a picture of it because it was pretty funny. The second group of girls were..quiet but her card was really nice so that was that. The first group seem to have a lot of fun trying to solder and they were kind of scared to but she did really good. I didn’t even know what soldering was until high school and didn’t touch one until I got here. It was fun, I wish I could do it all day but nope, I have work to do. I went straight to ethos to see Gus (Cassies fluff ball) and he paid me no mind, but thats okay looking at him is nice too. I made a really rough draft of the poster layout and what it would have until it was time to take the group picture, which was uhh interesting but nice I guess. I came back and had lunch AND GOT MADE FUN OF BY BEN, CARLA AND RAY because I was talking to my mother, I did talk when it was quiet and it was a funny moment. I worked on editing the paper and thinking about what I ate because I got a case of the bubble guts. I did this until I went home to eat dinner.

Day 2- This day is not THE day, not my day, not a good day at all, personally. It was, however, a productive one. I made the really REALLY rough draft of the poster and the storyline of the video. I want to do a creative, yet easy to follow poster which is hard. I googled some ideas and the really creative ones are the hardest to follow and the creative, yet easy to follow ones have way too much text. I will continue to work on it and I hope people don’t expect a well put together poster tomorrow because I’m showing content and color palettes I like and hopefully they will help me choose. I worked on Dedoose data. It’s so much of it and the codebook kind of sucks know that I think about it. I wonder if I could add some definitions when you hover over each term because some of them sound alike and some are like what the hell does that even mean, even with googling. Anywho, we met with Cassie AND GUS, such a good boi, he tried his best to help us. We spoke about the video and poster outline. Gus put his input too, and it was very useful. We did not have much time with Cassie so I will talk other about my presentation tomorrow, I’m nervous. I went to buddy for lunch and went to work on the poster afterwards. I there some stuff together to get a lot of interesting feedback for the poster presentation tomorrow. I did this until I got pretty tired and went home.

Day 3- Friday presentation is creeping closer and closer and I still have not spoke wit Cassie or Katie that much. I will try for today and see what they want me to do. I found Cassie and Katie and I am presenting on the miscarriage study. Thats not bad or anything, I just have to push the peddle to the metal and get it done for them to see tomorrow and get feedback for Friday. I did a little bit but I wanted to add more stuff to the posters so I worked on that too. Carla and I spoke about the paper and we now have discussion and charts and a bunch of stuff we don’t have the time to do. I feel like if we put a days work into one thing at a time it would work but we are all over the place and with our people being busy we are all over the place with limited help. I have no idea how grad students manage this stress. Anywho, I tried to do some Dedoose but this codebook is just killing me, it needs to be changed ASAP. I went back to messing with the poster until it was time for the presentations. I got very good feedback and once that was over I went back and instantly started making changes to the poster, it’s coming along pretty well. I did that until I wanted to go home.

Day 4- I am able to meet with Katie to go over powerpoint for tomorrow and she helped clean everything up, we also spoke about meeting tomorrow to go over the paper and all. I was so stressed about other things I forgot that the peer review existed. I need to do that but I need to finish my powerpoint for tomorrow. I worked a tiny bit on the video layout. It’s very simple and straightforward. I have so much to do and thinking about it makes me freeze up. I need about 4 more weeks. Why can’t I just stay here, I don’t want to go home, I’ll be ungodly bored for 2 weeks. I also don’t want to pack, my room is so nice and cozy. This day was a blur I did work but it wasn’t mindful work, I was like a zombie and just checked off a list. I’m so stressed I can’t think. I also drank a lot of water and had to pee a ton. I walked home and took a shooooweeeer.

Day 5- Todays the day, I have to present. I met with Cassie at 9 to put some last minute things in the powerpoint to make sure I take up my time. We ended up putting a general timeline of the common themes from the facebook groups timeline activity. We spoke about what I could say and then it was time to go go. I was nervous until I actually got up and started speaking. I was still nervous of course but everything went smoothly and I feel like I did pretty good and used up my time perfectly. We got some good suggestions and we talked about it later with Katie. We met with Katie afterwards and spoke about what could be in the discussion and timeline things and how we could use the feedback in the paper. We filled our minds with so much information, 3 white boards worth of information (will put picture of the famous Katie diagrams in picture blog). I went to food truck Friday with Cassie, Haley, and the rest of the HomeShare crew and pigged out on a gyro and a bacon grilled cheese sandwich and a popsicle. It was nice, I like the idea of a bunch of food trucks and music. I went back to the office but the food coma had gotten to me. I couldn’t take being in the cold office and being nice and stuffed. I went home and wrote this blog and it was not a good idea.

END NOTE* I did more but I wrote this blog late and just skimmed through my days, my eyes were getting heavy and I wrote as much as I could.