Week 4

SONG OF THE WEEK- Karma Chameleon….SIKE its “Plastic Love” by Mariya Takeuchi such a good song..nothing like 80s Japanese music

Day 1- I can tell this week is going to be a drag. Maybe not though ya never know. I am tired. So far today w have met with Cassie to get together the presentation we are presenting in the meeting at 11to the HomeShare crew. I also made a Facebook page, how fun. I need caffeine, but in the early Cassie meeting we went over questions Katie had for our quantitative data we would be collecting. This went into the HomeShare meeting, which they went over authorship of the miscarriage and a bunch of other stuff I have no idea about. I went to get lunch after that and then back to informatics building. I made some new connections on LinkedIn and wrote what I am writing now. I am going to fix the watch FAQ sheet next and read one of the articles for the Thursday meeting. I most likely go to sleep early because we have to be up at waytoearly o’clock and be at the IMU for the Mini U, which I think will be cool once I am actually awake to enjoy it (which is around 10/11). I am so tired, I want to keep up with my deliverables and so far I’m doing okay but I want to be ahead and I can’t seem to get there. I’ll be fine.

Day 2- I though today was going to be a drag, and it kind of was but the beginning was very unexpectedly good! We did a class for Mini U and I wish it was an all day event, we did some paper circuits (see my week 1 picture post for reference) and they loved it. I had 4 fabulous ladies at my table and they were having a blast creating their cards, while telling stories about what they did today and their personal life. They were so precious and helping them wasn’t even like work. Before that I went to Starbucks and I wanted a pink drink BUT GUESS WHAT? They didn’t have the things for the pink drink so I asked for a vanilla bean frappe and GUESS WHAT?! They didn’t have the things for that either AND they didn’t have the shortbread shell cookies. Wow, Starbucks how did you function today? Shame shame and more shame, so I got a gross coffee. After the Mini U event we went back to Informatics to debrief everything that just happened. We voice and audio recorded the event so we went through that and wrote a note page over what the participants thought and what could be improved. We did do a test run for a Wednesday workshop so we kind of expected somethings to happen, like not enough time or confusions about how a circuit worked. Nevertheless, it was great. We got lunch from Laughing Planet, THANKS KATIE! It was a good, yet confusing process..well for you guys it was heheheheh. Kiarra and I listened to our audio recording and looked at a bit of our video recording. I then started working on the intro draft and this blog post until it was time for my gym date.

Day 3- Hump day, it was okay. I was late because of a horrendous hair day, but I managed to make it look okay even though I had the minimal definition that I wanted. We met with Cassie at about 11 and quickly went over how to transfer the data and the code book of Dedoose. After that we met with Katie and talked about the graphing we would be doing with R and Dedoose. I also received some valuable chicken scratch from Katie, which helped us on our paper but mainly our intro. This went up until the usual Wednesday meeting and in that meeting we were taking our pictures and talking about what an abstract consists of, peer reviewing and academic behaviors when it comes to a paper. Apparently there is a bunch of rules to go through with your team before you submit a paper, who would’ve thought, I just thought you submitted it and went on about your day but NOOO you have to do a rebuttal,  which is like the reviewers trashed your paper and you basically have to write a summary defending yourself. This went on later than usual so I went to the gym after that and worked from home after that.

Day 4- This week is A DRAAAAAAG, I want Katie’s food, I want my strawberry cubed cake! Ugh, anyways this day was okay, we had to wake up at tooearly o’clock for the meeting with Maria and Mona. I thought we could have one week were we avoided the dreaded wake up hour but no, we can’t avoid it. The meeting was quick and confusing, I think everyone was confused (well U.S. side vs. U.K side) but we managed to get soooomething done. We met with Cassie after that and for, forgive me but I forget I was so tired and kinda did not feel well and just did not want to listen to Mona talk very slowly, I’m not the only one who noticed that Maria and Mona speaks slowly, not that its a bad thing, it’s just soooo slow. This whole day was a blur, I went home and went to sleep, I couldn’t hang on, even with the coffee I drank.

FRIDAY- YES YES YES YES YES YES IT’S FRIDAY. I’m just happy because my person is visiting me! Today was long but that’s okay. I was productive, I did some analyzing on Dedoose, and my peer review that I attempted to do yesterday (which was add a few more sentences and submit), read papers for Tuesday reading some new posts. Doesn’t seem like much but it was. As for in the morning , I woke up with a killer headache so I was done with the day before it even started. Sitting through the presentations made me nauseous, I really wanted to go lay down but I think I’m fine now, I popped some pillies (ibuprofen) the headache is still there but I am managing better. We met with Cassie to talk about the data were working on (the activities on our ARC group) and I tried to get right to it but then my person came with McDonalds and I was too hungry and happy to continue so I went home for the weekend.