Week 3

Song of the week- Kanye West entire new album, interesting guy and some interesting music, I only like 2 songs on the album but oh well that dude is crazy

Day 1- Heyo, today was other a very smooth day or unproductive one. I read two articles (“Every pregnancy is different”: Designing mHealth interventions for the pregnancy ecology by Tamara Peyton and “Women’s experiences with early pregnancy loss in the emergency room: A qualitative study” by Sara Baird) The second one was recommended by Maria at Edinburgh. We had a meeting with Cassie at the end of the day about our timeline. This was a monthly timeline of the overall projects. Below is the monthly timeline we came up with. 

ALSO ALSO ALLLLSOOOOO- We are working on weekly and even daily timelines, but since we thought about it kind of late into this week that will be coming next week folks! Back to the show.

FOR METHODS
Section 22123 under subsection B
The eligibility of the participants
What kind of activities we are doing
Timeline for miscarriages
May
  • Recruitment to secure group on Facebook (shooting for 16 people)
June
  • Running the study with activities
  • *Insert actives (16 but analyzing 15) over 8 weeks
July
  • Still running the study
  • Pay participants
August
  • Analyze
September
  • Still analyzing
  • Write paper for Precision health in January
PHI timeline
June
  • Get IRB approved
  • Start on recruitment (technically already recruited)
  • Start focus group end of June/beginning of July
  • ARC group stuff (two activities per week over five months – the month of breaking)
July
  • Focus group meeting
August
  • Mid July for recovery and time with their children

Day 2-This is why I like to write up my day as I’m in it. I can’t remember right now what I did on Tuesday. Okay I remember now, the first thing was the extremely early meeting with the folks at Edinburgh, which didn’t happen at the time it was supposed to, that was two hours of sleep I could have gotten but oh well. We met an hour or two later and it was short because Katie had to go. After that we went to Ethos to meet with the Homeshare crew and they spoke about a bunch of stuff I did not get or have yet to understand, but Carla did talk about the watches and what we did and did not know, which lead to a FAQ sheet, we did that later that day (I’ll insert a pic in the picture post I’ll make sooner than later) We went all the way home and worked from there, we were there since 8 and I could not handle it.

Day 3- Good ole hump day. I attempted to read and I will say that was a huge failure for me this week. I could not concentrate and absorb the contents I was reading and what makes me upset is that I really really tried. What I did do to attempt to fix it was take a days break and go home and not look at words at all. That did not work but I think I just need to get better rest or something I am still going through some options to help me out. I feel like all we are doing is reading and writing. I want to get into the nitty gritty and STOP READING, but we can’t have what we want all the time and I will not complain any further. I attempted my reading until it was time to meet with Katie and thats when we got the magical “Katie Diagram” I should put a copyright sign next to it because Cassie made it sound like it was supposed to have one. Pictures will be put up to show its magical-ness. I honestly thought it was kind of confusing (sorry Katie, it’s not you, it’s me, my feeble minded self could not wrap my mind around your life changing chicken scratch), but I did manage to type it out in a graph sorted by week, project and so forth. We transitioned into the Wednesday workshops with Ben the science kid. We made more copper tape light circuits in partners grouping to mock the actual mini-U activities. Everything was straightforward and we should be great to go for Tuesday! I had my gym date to go to so I left right after that and did not so much as look at an article that night for I feared it would just make me crazy.

Day 4- I came in and read some articles, I do not remember which specific ones since we also went over other articles in our reading group gathering with Cassie, we went over “The Case for User Centered Design” by Tara McCurdie and “How we prepare: Childbirth preparation methods and the effects on satisfaction and labor outcomes” by Alexandra Holloway and Sri Kurnaiwan. We spoke on structure, the diversity of the demographics and what cold improve, honestly the papers were good this week and we had more good to say than bad. After that meeting we had a meeting with Cassie about what we should be doing for the draft, still kind of confused but no so much anymore. We made an affinity diagram from some data she got from the gardeners and the stargazers, since Dedoose is not a happening yet (I will also show pictures of that in my picture blog post). After we did the sorting and category making for the gardeners Cassie set us off on our own and we did the same thing with the stargazers. I then went to the gym at 5 and read later on until I fell asleep.

Day 5- Today was the Friday meeting and we went over Fernandos project and how it went along with Cassie’s quick activities. I would not want a lot of animals to talk because my pets know all of my business and I don’t need that do get out there, but it would be great to see if they witnessed crimes. Haley remade the bingo cards and they look nice, she color coated them    so they looked really nice. KARMA KARMA KARMA KARMA KARMA CHAMEEELEEOOOOON. That song is super stuck in my head. After the meeting we went to debrief with Cassie and give feedback. We went through the social circle activity and found some patterns like friends became more or less important and so did family which was weird. There was a bias because Cassie gave a list in the circles she presented leading us to just copy the list. After that Carla and I worked on our related works FOREVER, and we’re still not done. I have no idea how someone can just sit and write all that stuff, but I guess thats what I’m doing eh? We did that until 3 and we went to tea and the graduates spoke on being graduate students. I know I want to get my Ph.D, but I’m still trying to find my passion. That’s the hardest thing for me because it wouldn’t be traditional like health or computing or math, I would do a humanitarian science, like geography or something that I probably should have done as a major in undergrad like..history. Ok, I’m not going to go for history but still I’m super lost on what I want to do. I ran back to my dorm, packed my bags and headed for Indy, it explains the late post because the lack of internet even for my phone.

Will Karma Chameleon be the song of the week?

Will Dedoose be ready?

Will we be ready for the nitty gritty actions next week?

Will I ever get my macrons?

STAY TUNED FOR NEXT WEEKS CHAOS

finn