Welcome to my blog!

My name is Emmanuel Klutse and I am currently an undergraduate student at Tougaloo College pursuing a major in Computer Science. I aspire to be a Data Scientist and Computer Systems Analyst, and I am currently participating in NSF’s REU SROC program at Indiana University.

Below is a professional picture of me;

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

We spent our first weekend at Bradford Woods, where we explored the woods and had a ton of activities. All this was geared towards getting the participants to get to know each other.

Attached is a picture of participants in this years REU program;

2018 IU-SROC & ProHealth Candidates

This program is going to be packed with intense learning and research. The field I would be focusing on is Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and Computer Vision. If you want a basic understanding of computer vision’s underlying theory and algorithms, this video tutorial is the best place to start;

Furthermore, taking the next step and solving a complete machine learning problem can be daunting, but preserving and completing the first project will give you the confidence to tackle any data science problem. That is why I would recommend this DataScience book for upcoming and prospective data scientists and AI researchers;

https://jakevdp.github.io/PythonDataScienceHandbook/