Post 5/26

So I officially have my own desk and project for the rest of the summer! I am so excited to work with Anna and Meagan. The main goal of the day was creating our elevator pitches. I definitely think that meeting with both Anna and James allowed me to develop a clearer idea of what my summer will look like. I felt that preparing an elevator pitch helped me to sum up what the project is in a way that made to me. By that I mean that putting my own spin on the wording of the project allowed me to further clarify the project to myself which will be extremely useful as the summer progresses. I have a few articles to continue reading to get my feet wet. While grief is going to be a difficult subject to handle, I am thrilled to have the opportunity to help gain a better understanding of some of the tools and resources people use to cope with grief.

Here is a picture of a baby bunny that I saw on my way to lunch!

Displaying IMG_3483.jpg

Here is a copy of the elevator pitch I had prepared for today:

Hello, my name is Max Girard. I am a student at Simmons College and I am participating in the ProHealth REU at Indiana University where I am working on a project that is dedicated to understanding the grieving process and what technologies grievers turn to for support . Grieving can be a very difficult experience for many people and since nearly everyone will experience grief it is important to understand where grievers turn to find support and coping abilities.  Our goal is to then create prototypes based off our findings to develop new technologies for grievers to use. We are not focused so much on helping grievers end their grief, but rather understanding their journey and providing resources for them based off of what they feel would be useful.