Assignment 5 (5-26-2017)

Today’s been awesome! I began my day at 9 A.M. and was able to get my place in the office! I am excited to work with my undergraduate partner Maxine on Technology Grief Support. My grad mentor Anna has been very open, and really nice to the both of us. I can’t wait to work with her and Dr. James Clawson this summer!

They sent us papers to read, and explained the importance of communication while we work on our research this summer. James stressed that we should first be concerned on understanding grief, trying to understand what people go through, and how they cope with death. Anna has explained that there are two types of grievers, normal and complicated. We have to focus on how different people cope with death, and use their feedback to prepare and design prototypes that will encourage and assist them based on their personal needs. So I will begin searching grief topics tonight.

Later in the day we had to prepare our official elevator pitch for our Tea. I wrote out my elevator pitch and practiced saying it to Max. I was very nervous about speaking in front of everyone, but I think I did a pretty good job. I enjoyed hearing everyone’s pitches, and hearing them talk about what their research projects were about.