first week, day four.

Ann explained us the importance of personal websites. She gave us a short tutorial and demo on wix and wordpress where she explained the informations to include in a personal website. I had taken a  HTML class when I was in high school but it was just for grades nothing more that that. This class has energized me to create my own new website again.

Dr. Sriram Natarajan gave us a fantastic presentation on machine learning. He taught us some important procedures and aspects of machine learning where he shared some of his experiences with it. It was an informative session to attend. Then, we had a short lunch break.

Dr. Siek taught us about elevator talks. Elevator talk is a short talk that is made between any two people in a way that you share your required information with the other person. I have realized the importance of elevator talks in building professional relationships with people. The final session of the day was “prototyping”. In this session Fernando taught us about prototyping and making a good design.