First weekend at Bradford woods.

I am Ujjwal Baskota, rising junior at Jackson State University in Jackson, Mississippi. My  major is computer science with a minor in economics. I am delighted that I will be working on a ProHealth REU project that will have a real impact on people this summer.

On Friday may 19th, we were picked up from the airport and I was excited to meet all new friends from different universities around the nation. We were taken to Bradford woods where we stayed for 2 nights. Our stay in Bradford woods was a blast, it started with our brief introduction followed by different activities that helped us get familiar and closer with each other. We had dinner together and then the real fun started with campfire. During campfire we talked about our past research experiences and our home institution.

The next day we participated in various activities ranging from solving a group task to climbing tower and canoeing.  Next day we waved good bye and left Bradford woods for Indiana University Bloomington, where we were assigned with our rooms and had some briefings about the place. Amanda, Lamara, Derrick, Ben and other staffs contributed   a lot  to make all this possible. Overall the weekend was fun and Bradford woods is a great place to spend your weekend.