Week Eight – Monday, July 11th – Friday, July 15th

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Weekly Reflection

This week was really productive.  Devon and I got a lot done but there is still work to do.  Last Friday we had our lightning talks.  Devon and I both did well on our lightning talks and she won voters choice.  For me, I was really happy that I got my talk under one minute as it was something I had been struggling with all day.  I think that I could probably work on my clarity a bit.  I stumbled on my words at the end due to my nerves, so really focusing on nailing down what I want to say would definitely help for next time.  We did a lot this week, which I will further explain in the daily reflections section below.

Tasks

This is a list of the tasks Devon and I either completed or still need to complete individually/together

O – Completed This Week                                             O – To Do Next Week

ProHealth Deliverables

O Continued working on Paper

O Reviewer Response Table

O Blog Posts – Week 8

O Continue Working on Paper

O Blog Posts – Week 9

O Iterate on Poster

O Video

ESM Application

O Figured out Radio Button Issue

O Came up with a Color Scheme for App

O XML Files Completed

O Continued Working on Microsoft Band Tile

O Restructured Database Tables

O Wrote PHP scripts

O Added HeartRate Data Table

O Added Sync Server Adapter

O Alarms Functioning

O Continue Working on Tile

O Continue Working on Heart Rate Algorithm

Daily Reflections

Monday

I started out the day at 5am, journeying back to Bloomington from Boston.  I got back alright and worked remotely from Willkie for most of the day.  A lot of what I did on Monday was research.  I researched the Microsoft Band and its components to see what could and could not be added to the tile.  Additionally, I worked on Devon and I’s poster, but due to computer issues, I lost it and had to restart Tuesday.

Tuesday

Most of Tuesday was spent working on the poster.  A link to the poster is in the links section below.  Devon and I were really proud of the poster but we knew that there was work to do, primarily breaking up all of the text.  We had a lengthy meeting with Majdah since we weren’t able to have one on Monday.   We finally came up with a name for our application!!!!  The name we chose is S.E.N.S.E., which stands for Surveying Experiences Necessary for Stress Evaluation.  Overall, Tuesday was a very productive and good day.

Wednesday

Due to the possibility of a power outage at the Informatics building, Devon and I decided to work remotely at Willkie.  My big task for the day was the XML files.  I worked on them a lot and did some research on an issue I was having involving radio buttons and putting them into two rows of two, which would seem simple to do, but in fact was more complicated than anticipated.

Thursday

On Thursday I added photoshop images to the application to make it look even nicer.  I figured out a color scheme based on Devon, Majdah, and I’s meeting on Wednesday.  We could not decide between green and blue, so I chose a navy background and had the buttons be a green to blue gradient.  The app looks pretty snazzy if I do say so myself.  We did run into some issues with the tile.  I had done a lot of research on the tile and was hoping I wouldn’t come to this conclusion but it seems like the functionality of the Band 2 is not exactly what we need.  The Band 2 cannot have checkboxes, which would impact two of our questions.  The other issue we were dealing with was the fact that images on the band have to be simple and apparently only white.  A positive though, is that we can overwrite the theme the user has chosen for the Band 2 and pick whatever colors we want.  We aren’t limited to just band colors!!!

Friday

Friday will be our busy day with meetings.  We will begin with a meeting with Majdah at 9am, then the ProHealth meeting at 10am, and then a Skype meeting with Dr. Kay Connelly at 11am.  Then we will go out for lunch for Anne’s last day working.  In our meeting with Kay we will probably talk more about our continuation on the project.  Previously, Kay has said that we can stay on the project in the academic year if we would like, which is awesome!

Links

Website

Aislinn’s Website

Poster

Aislinn and Devon’s Poster

Storyboard

Storyboard