|Date||Hours Worked||Total Hours||Wall-sits||Caffeine|
|Monday, 7/11/16||7:45am – 5:32pm||9hr47min||3min||3 cups: 273mg|
|Tuesday, 7/12/16||9:35am – 7:12pm||9hr37min||0min||3 cups: 273 mg|
|Wednesday, 7/13/16||8:14am – 5:41pm||9hr27min||0min||0 cups: 0mg|
|Thursday, 7/14/16||9:20am – 6:24pm||9hr20min||0min||0 cups: 0mg|
I’m keeping my post short this week.
(last Friday, 7/8/16)
I implemented cosine distance, and was overjoyed when I found out how easy it was to embed python within a bash script.
My lightning was received positively. Devon received the crowd favorite vote, while Anne and myself received the Professor Connelly / Majdah award. I got ten dollars and spent it on a ticket to “A Midsummer Night’s Dream.”
Continued working on the cosine distance script, but since implementation was worked out I focused heavily on input/output. Eventually this script would be used to match brand/generic drugs. I hit a couple road blocks toward the afternoon, the largest of which involved brand name drugs that were actually a combination of generic drugs (up to four or five).
Savannah and I worked on our paper into the afternoon. I wasn’t feeling well so I went home around 3:00pm and worked up until GRE prep started.
Spent the whole day working on Savannah and I’s research poster. I get really picky on how things look, but I was quite proud with how this version turned out.
I put some finishing details on the poster and submitted it by noon. I worked more on the script, making sure the pushes made it onto GitHub.
Most of the poster feedback had to do with the typeface size/readability, with some suggestions for intermediary images.
Professor Natarajan, Devendra, Savannah, Ciabhan, and I met at 4pm. We updated Professor on the direction of the project. He suggested moving directly onto the learning part (to ensure we could at least wrap up a paper by the time our REU finished), pointing me toward DeepDive, Savannah toward gradient boosting, and Devendra/Natarajan to continue on the neural network.
I read DeepDive documentation for a while and took the early steps to install it.
Spent most of the day working on logos and graphics for Devon / Aislinn’s app.
Reading group at 4pm, discussing the paper “Statistical Predicate Invention.”
Robotics Competition, gone for the day.