Week 6 (Birthday Week)

Weekend /Birthday Activities 

13502633_10204890919271223_5870658244759449379_o13494924_1772599532951621_5471421780413197584_n

This weekend stared out with going to the Underground Freedom Center in Cincinnati, Ohio. This trip was a very informative, interesting, and educational. We were guided on a 2-hour tour that touched on topics of slavery thoughout the years in the United States, and modern day slavery. I didn’t know there was such a large presence of modern slavery in the world we live in today. The original Emancipation Proclamation and the  original 2nd amendment were also on display as well. We weren’t allowed to take pictures, but it was still awesome to be able to see! After the touring the freedom center,  we traveled to Kings Island! This is a theme park/ water park. The picture to the right were my “rollercoaster buddy”. We all decided to just ride rollercoasters and started riding immedialty after entering the park! I enjoyed myself at Kings Island. Definitely would like to go back if I have a chance! My 21st birthday was on Monday (June 27th)! To celebrate me and the wonderful people in the left picture. To celebrate a little we went to a hibachi restaurant for dinner! The waiter was not as “enthused” as they normally are but the food and company overshadowed that! Thanks again to all who partook in the dinner!

Research Update

This week, I have been focusing on how to capture an image from the webcam via the Beaglebone Black. I have found a library (boneCV) that has a grabber program. This program will take X number of pictures and store each photo as a .ppm file. I researched how to convert a .ppm file to a. jpg file. After that I did some test with taking pictures using the library and then using the dlib library face detection code. This process takes probably how about 3 mins (time will extend depending on how many pictures are being processed) You also have to switch libraries when capturing and processing face detection software.  My graduate mentor mentioned that I should combine the two codes into one program. That is what I am currently working on, I hope to be finished with this no later than Monday. I will be using the weekend and my Fourth of July holiday to hopefully accomplish this task. After this is done, I am hoping that I can move onto to figuring out how to determine if someone is a know person or a stranger. Once this portion is complete we can do some testing and start to wrap up this project .