Week 6

July 1, 2016

This week seemed to be a very productive one. Although, we were not able to meet with Patrick due to the fact that he is out of town, we did meet with Fernando. In our meetings we discussed how we could best approach the Facebook permissions issues. Since are biggest issue thus far has been getting permission from Facebook, it was a relief when we figured out how best to do this and got it done.

Monday

We were initially having trouble figuring out what exactly to submit to Facebook because the information regarding this is spread across many different pages and forums. So when we identified what we should submit and how, we changed and added more information on our screencast and found a way to make this process go faster. We did this by condensing the permissions we were requesting. We had to create a number of additional screens that would be in the screencast to abide by Facebook rules. Another thing we found was that we needed to create a logo for our application as well as create an online privacy statement page.
[update]
So after meeting with Fernando on Wednesday, we were able to finalize our Facebook permissions request and plan on submitting them today(7/1) so we can hear back as soon as possible.

Tuesday

Last week we made three scenarios that related to our application. We made these scenarios for a scenario based survey, where the participants could give feedback on what elements and features they would like to see in the app. WE met with Fernando to review our scenarios last week and sent an email to Patrick asking for him to do the same. So we received feedback on these scenarios asking us to be a little more consistent and more specific. We received this type of feedback because they were not consistent. Some of the scenarios had people with specific ages and diseases while others did not. Also they suggested that we make a paragraph that aims to specifically introduce the scenarios and explain why they are created pertaining to the app. We then made these suggested changes and feel as though the scenarios sound much better.

Wednesday

After revising, our next task was to create questions that pertained to the scenarios and also some general questions. These questions will be on the scenario based survey we will give to participants before creating the application. We will used the feedback from these surveys to serve as reference for what elements are necessary to create a supportive community for the rare disease population.
By the look of our survey so far, I assume it will take approximately 20- 30 mins to complete which is about average for scenario based surveys.

Thursday and Friday

On each day we took time to address the issues in our paper from the criteria table but on Thursday we did this the most. We also received feedback from Fernando and found that some of the things others were saying matched what he was saying so we addressed those issues first. We still have some things we need to fix that we plan on doing today.
Here is a copy of our most recent criteria table.
Reviewer Response Table

Link to latest form of paper Paper

This July 4,2016 we are not expected to work. I plan on making up the hours by cutting them in half on Saturday and on Sunday by working at home and collaborating with my partner to see what should be done.

So far I have a personal website which can be found at Updated Website! Which I plan to improve as I develop myself academically. I’d have to say, every since I have started this program I do feel as though I am learning to be more professional especially with my online presence. I’m excited to take a professional picture which I will use on my website. I will also probably remove my I1o1 lab link since that is somewhat not professionally designed. Right now I am using a template but I would like to soon create my own website by hand!

We are aiming to submit to Chi 2017. Depending on what we have accomplished, we may submit to the Late-Breaking Work, Student Competitions and/or a Workshop.  Here is a link to their site https://chi2017.acm.org/.