Day 6 (Memorial Day Weekend)

5/31/16

Savannah’s (Daily) Reflection

This weekend was my first weekend at Indiana University. In addition, it was a long weekend due to Memorial Day being on Monday. I had some family and friends come visit me, which of course, I always love to happen. I was very excited to see them and introduce them to some new friends I have made at IU. This weekend I did some relaxing, researched a few topics, did a little shopping, and enjoyed my family and friends. Over the weekend I read, A Novel Method for Adverse Drug Event Extraction from Text, which gave me much needed insight on the study I am researching this summer. I went over to the SRSC to swim on Sunday. They have two indoor pools at the SRSC. I chose to swim in the diver’s pool even though it was alot deeper than the lap pool because it was also ALOT warmer!

srsc pool

Monday, I drove to the mall to find out what store selections they had. They turned out to have quite a few stores that I like to shop at. I did a little shopping but I also stopped into their pet store to take a look around. Normally, I am not too fond of pets. But that day, they had an ADORABLE little dog that I couldn’t help but to play with. It was a dog mixed with Yorkie, Poodle, and Shih Tzu. I am thinking of one day getting that exact mix of a dog to have as my own. (Just not today!)

(Not actual dog in mall)

(Not actual dog in mall)

0540

(Layout inside College Mall)